Self contradictory doctrines of Sikhism
There are 20 million Sikhs in the world, most of whom live in the Punjab province of India. Sikhism was founded in the 16th century in the Punjab district of what is now India and Pakistan. It was founded by Guru Nanak and is based on his teachings, and those of the 9 Sikh gurus who followed him.
Sikh is derived from the sanskrity word of “sikhsa”, meaning the learner. If they are learner’s they should be applying the techniques of learning; passionate debate, constructive criticism, clarity and REASON!
Guru Gobind Singh decreed that where Sikhs could not find answers in the Guru Granth , they should decide issues as a community, based on the principles of their scripture.
Listed are some contradictions in Sikhism :
1. It teaches the contradictory concepts of God being Sargun i.e. with attributes and also Nirgun -without attributes (p287; p102).
2. It teaches reincarnation and yet the Guru Granth questions reincarnation(p748 M5; p1366 Kabir).
3. It teaches the concept of hell (p465 M1; p524 M5; p793 Ravidass; p875 Ravidass; p1383 Farid; Asa Kabirji GGS p484). And yet says hell does not exist (p969 Kabir). And it also teaches the mutually exclusive concept of karma & transmigration. If you are born again and again to pay for the sins of previous lives, why the need for hell or heaven? (p686; p156; Rag Malhar M3; Rag Gauri M5)
4. The Guru Granth says neither Hinduism nor Islam has the truth (p329 Kabir; p875 Namdev) and yet says that the opposite (contrary) is also true(p1350 Kabir).Guru Arjun Dev even validates the Vedas (p632 M5). And guru Govind Singh says Allah & Abhek (Ram) are the same and the Koran and Hindu scriptures are the same (Akal Ustat vs 16:86).
5. It claims that there is only one way to God (p920 M3; p1279 M1) and yet the Guru Granth also teaches there are many ways to God (p885 M5.7. It teaches that all humans are children of God ( p1118 M4) yet also says, not all, but only those who love Him are His children (p658 Ravidass).
6. The guru says that he is blind, ignorant and without enlightenment (p696 M4) yet he is called 'guru', which means one who leads from darkness to light.
7. It teaches the existence of Heaven (p718 Namdev; p952 M3) yet the concept of Heaven is rejected(p969 Kabir).
8. It teaches that the world is a dream, an illusion and not real (p740 M5; p1187 M9 p1231 M9)yet guru Nanak says it is real (p463 M1).
9. Guru Arjun Dev claims that he was given supernatural powers (p782 M5) yet guru Nanak, admitted to the Siddh yogis that he performed no miracles(Bhai Gurdas // 1.42/43)
10. The Guru Granth rejects the Vedas (p329 Kabir) yet Guru Arjun Dev validates the Vedas (p632 M5). He also quotes them as though an authority(p632 M5). Guru Nanak also quotes them as though an authority (p831 M1).The fourth guru does the same and quotes them as though an authority (p998 M4). Namdev quotes the Gita as though an authority (p874 Namdev). Ravidass quotes the sage Vyas as though an authority (p658 Ravidass).
11. The Guru Granth says that everything was created by the agency of millions of Brahmas (p1156 M5). Yet the one God created everything ( p1 M1).
12. Dhanna jat is said to have worshipped a stone and God appeared to him. Yet stone worshipping is condemned (p1160 Kabir).
Guru Granth gives no account of the creation of man and in fact says the Semitic books are false (p329 Kabir). Yet itself validates the existence of Baba Adam (p1161 Kabir).
13. The Guru Granth teaches that God does not incarnate (p1136 M5) yet talks of the Nehklank Avatar (p1403 Swayyas).
14. The gurus never called themselves divine, but in fact sinners in need of salvation by the Grace of God. (p156 M1; p536 M5; p261 M5; M5 p1301). Yet Swayyas sing praises and laudations to them and make them divine (p1405 Swayyas; p1407 Swayyas; p1408 Swayyas; p1409 Swayyas).
15. It teaches monism i.e. all is one reality and God is all (p846 M5; p464 // M1; p1291 // Malar M1; p131 Majh M5. Yet says that man is not the same essence as God but only resembles Him (p754 Suhi M3).
comments powered by Disqus